1. Other than being more space-efficient, why were wine bottles historically stored horizontally, rather than vertically?
2. Which of these wine varieties is most commonly described as ‘buttery’? Riesling, chardonnay or sauvignon blanc
3. Durif is a cross between the little known variety peloursin and which other variety?
4. What does a négociant do?
5. A tokkuri is used to serve what drink?
6. Name four Australian wine regions beginning with the letter G.
7. Applewood, The West Winds and Old Young’s are Australian brands of what spirit?
8. Who won GT WINE’s 2021 Winemaker of the Year Award?
9. What is another name for the chenin blanc grape? Steen, verdicchio or marsanne
10. What grape-infecting fungus is fostered to make sweet wines such as Sauternes?