1. What is a muselet?
2. Approximately how many litres in a standard wine barrel: 225L, 525L, 825L
3. What does ABV stand for?
4. What is the difference between an aperitif and digestif?
5. Swartland is a wine region in which country?
6. Name four of the 12 wineries that make up New Zealand’s Family of Twelve.
7. Olives, onions or citrus rinds are typical garnishings for which cocktail?
8. Is ‘amphora’ the ancient Greek term for a. an underground wine cellar; b. a container that stores wine or food; or c. someone who tends to the vineyard?
9. A wine that has legs indicates what?
10. Marlborough is New Zealand’s largest wine region. True or false.
11. Put these five steps of winemaking in order of what happens first to last: bottling, clarification, fermentation, harvesting, pressing.
12. The term ‘Grand Cru’ is French for what?